Monday, August 27, 2012

Chile Colorado Burritos

Tonight we tried a new recipe for dinner that I found on Pinterest (of course, where else?!). It is an easy mostly cooked in the crock pot recipe and was delicious! Here is the original post where the recipe can be found. I changed it up slightly, but overall followed the recipe. We'll definitely be making these again as they are so easy and so good! Here is the recipe if you want to try them!

Chile Colorado Burritos

Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2 pounds stew meat
1 large can of chili (I use Wolf brand)
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 can refried beans
8 - 10 tortillas
1 cup of shredded cheese (I use fiesta blend)

Directions:
Put beef, bouillon, and enchilada sauce into a crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or the entire time you are at work). Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and heat up the refried beans in microwave or on stovetop. On cookie sheet, lay out a tortilla and place about 1/2 cup of meat on tortilla drained with a slotted spoon along with a spoonful of refried beans. Roll into a burrito. Repeat until all the meat has been used. Pour remaining chili on top of burritos and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve.

I was able to make 9 burritos out of this and easily could have made more as some of them were very full. I probably could have made 12 burritos without skimping on the meat in them.
My pictures never look as good as the people's I get the recipes from...

No comments:

Post a Comment